Monday, January 16, 2012

Ahh...relief

Well, after a lot of discouraging silence, I finally have a couple of opportunities opening up to me. It just proves that patience really is the only thing that works when you're job searching. Of course, both of these opportunities are internships (and one I haven't even interviewed for yet), but the point is that things eventually open up. I don't know where I'll be a few months from now, but for the moment I feel relief knowing that something is happening. As long as I'm moving forward I'm happy, just sitting around doing nothing is starting to get old. I haven't formally been offered an internship with one company I interviewed with on Friday, but I think my chances are good. I'm doing an interview tomorrow as well, so we'll see how that works out.

I'm kind of meh about going to this interview tomorrow because I don't feel like getting up early and trekking into the city for ANOTHER interview. Unfortunately I have no choice because I committed myself to it, so I'm just going to follow through. This is also what happens when I get nervous about something. I was extremely excited for this interview until the one on Friday went way better than I expected. It could never hurt to do another interview though, it's good practice. Who knows which one, if either, will end up panning out, but for now it's just good to know that something is moving.

No comments: